Thursday 15 July 2010

My sweet minitures

I have decided to make a miniature range to sell on my folksy shop
This will be small basic versions of my wedding toppers as well as christening and birthday toppersI am part way through make a belated 2nd birthday present for my friend Jo's Daughter ( sorry hun for being so late)
.


I think my range will look similar to this ornament there quicker and easier to make. Therefore i can create more = more sales :-)
Of course i will not only make humanoid figures but favourite children's TV characters, toys
such as Waybaloo ,Thomas the tank engine, aeroplanes, slides, tool kit, dolls, the skies the limit.

As much as i love my larger more detailed toppers they are so labour intensive and due to time constraints i will never make enough to make a good turnover. I will still make them of course but with my sweet ornaments and basic toppers i can hopefully make a bit of revenue.

And talking of revenue i have now decided due to starting a folksy shop ( yet to add any products to this ) and more people requesting toppers. To officially register as self employed i know that a profit is a long way away and all funds with be ploughed back into the business. But i am so happy i am now at the stage that paying customers ,besides friends are asking me to craft for them :-)
I will update with further pictures when its compleated along with a few others i will be making in the next few days

No comments:

Post a Comment